Realtor at Coldwell Banker powered by ZipRealty Orlando Office

Monday, July 20, 2015

Questions to ask your Realtor - Question # 7

I think the following question is something a lot of people have misconceptions about and is an important question to be answered

QUESTION # 7: "How do your realtor fees work? Are your fees negotiable?"

I found the following photo on a website. I think it explains generally how a realtor's commission is broken down. 6% seems to be the general commission paid by seller (included in sale price).
However, every realty works differently. And the part of commission paid to the broken varies widely.
The above diagram does not work on me or many of my real estate contacts in central florida.
However, for me personally, realtor fees are only negotiable when I am listing a home for a seller. normal rate is 6% but it can be negotiated to 5% to get the listing (that is something I would do if I really had to get the listing!).